Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It operates fine well at least not under a load so far but when you get to the top and hold the up button it wants to angle left slowly. I pulled the cartridges and inspected it to some degree. Checked the spool and poppet also. . Everything was flushed put pretty good and all the rams have new packing/seals. New hoses, New western fluid,magent filter etc. I just never tore apart the valve body 100%. Ideas on why it starts to pull to the left and it reaches te top?

· Registered
17,182 Posts
That would be the default movement.

I believe what you are seeing is like a hydraulic hammer.
Or
The valve is dumped but the motor is still spinning for a fraction of a second or a little bit longer .this hydraulic pressure is now bumping the relief or the shuttle valve a little bit causing the plow to move.
Jmo

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i switched 2 of the valves with other used ones it seems like its better. what i didn't mention before was when i raised it before it had alittle jerk to the left but not noticable unless you are looking at the angle ram. the blade would stay straight but it would go up and then when it reach the top and you held the button it would slowly go left alittle.the motor was straining cause i was maxed up on the up and now some how it was sucking it to the left. now with the 2 valves switched it still jerks left and stays straight as it goes up and then at the top it doesn't go left but wants to . then i go on and off the up button and it the driver side angle ram does the little jerk still but it doesn't move left any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts