Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! so my 7.5 poly plow has been acting up. The plow and motor act like I’m holding down the button after I’ve let go. Once it moves as far over/up as it can go it locks in and runs the motor and pump as if I’m holding the controller buttons. I just spent 350 on a new controller and it fixed the problem for about 2 weeks, after the big snowfall in the Midwest this week the problem has come back the exact same way. I’ve changed the controller, solenoid, and plow side 9 pin harness. Some posts I’ve read have mentioned bad relays and grounds. If anybody has any ideas or has dealt with the same issue before please let me know, I really don’t want to have to start buying new wire harness parts for something I’m sure is simple.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Hmmm, not what I was expecting. If it is doing it consistently, try unplugging the controller and see if it shuts off. It probably won't.

The other possibilities are a second bad solenoid, which is almost always the issue, but that solenoid appears to be an correct non-crappy one. It would be unusual for that one to fail that fast, but not impossible.

Last thing, you seem to have some sketchy connections going on and there is a chance that the spot highlighted below is touching the hot lead causing the solenoid to stay running. Not likely, since it's a ground wire, but something I would check anyway.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Gas

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Silly question, but why is one of those big wires black?

If you have access to a test light, you'd want to test that small wire on the left for power when it's running and you aren't pressing the control. That will tell you if it is getting powered by some other wire inadvertently cuz the harness is damaged somewhere.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silly question, but why is one of those big wires black?

If you have access to a test light, you'd want to test that small wire on the left for power when it's running and you aren't pressing the control. That will tell you if it is getting powered by some other wire inadvertently cuz the harness is damaged somewhere.
Cable running to positive battery

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Incidentally, if unplugging the controller DOES cause it to shut off, then the controller is defective. The chances of that are extremely low, unless there is damage to the control harness shorting it out which is possible.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
6,774 Posts
Like C said. Test light on solenoid. Also if you think a power cord is suspect you can use jumper cables to test that. But still something causing power to continue to motor after controller disengaged

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.