Western Unimount on older Chevy's

Dave in Pa.

Am wondering if anyone has a Western uni-mount on any Chevy older than 1988? Have contacted western and waiting for a reply, have a complete set-up off a 94 chevy I sold and am looking at a 1987 K-20 and hoping I can get a mount? Any suggestions? I know my mount fits 1988 to 1998 & some have said you can't get them for the chevy's prior to that? Thanks in advance! Dave

plowed

You should be able to find something. I know a guy who has a Fisher MM on a 1984 K-20. I don't believe he had to fabricate anything, but I could be wrong. Since Western is a sister company to Fisher you should be able to find it.

-John

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Western does make a unimount for the 73-87 body styles. I have an 89 K-30 with a 8.5' unimount v plow on it. Even tho its an 89 body year, it has the 87 and prior body style. In fact anytime we get parts for the truck we ask for a 86 K-30. Again even tho its an 89 being a C&C its still has a carb on it. It is very confusing at the parts store if you try to explain it, so we just ask for the 86 model year for parts.
Dino

OP
D

Dave in Pa.

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you! I really have my heart set on this 1987, just waiting for the guy to give me a price and DO need to put my western on it. Hope the new mount isn't too expensive. Thanks againe, Dave