• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Western Ultra Mount Headgear..

Mike 97 SS

Banned
Anyone else notice that the new Western Ultra Mount Headgear looks identical to what the Fisher Minute Mount used to look like before they made up the MM2 design? I know Western and Fisher are somehow related, but Fisher just made all their mounts the MM2 design and the look is different, more triangular it seems, and Western made all theirs look like the regular MM from Fisher. I like how the Western looks better now, and i like the Fisher MM better than the MM2. The MM2 looks a little weird to me having that triangular look with the tubing. Mike

Last edited:
OP
M

Mike 97 SS

Banned
Yea, you're probably right. How does everyone like the changes of the Western and Fisher MM2? Thanks for the reply. :) Mike

MIKE.....My new ultramount with the hand held
controller is great ! Easy to mount up. But on
the down side is low ground clearance and not
being able to stack snow as high as with my old
hard mount western ! But the old one did last
10 hard NY winters with few probs. I sold it to
my buddy and he is still using it!..........geo

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Seems that Western is to Fisher what Diamond is to Meyers.
Not true at all. Meyer took Diamond and in many respects diluted their good name with meyer parts.
Western is in fact a better company, with better shared components with Douglas Dynamics than they were on their own. The MVP V plow is a case in point, with out the shared use of Fishers R&D that plow wouldnt be in westerns line up. On the other side, Western brought most of the electro/hydro systems to the table, so it is a very good match, and we as consumers, reap the benifits.
Dino