Western Striker Pre-Wet Build

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SchertzServicesLLC, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:54 PM.

1. SchertzServicesLLC

SchertzServicesLLC Senior Member

Another long and detailed video on how I built my pre wet system for my western striker. I also added a 50 foot hose reel for sidewalks. Let me know if you need any help or part numbers! Were all in this together.

m_ice likes this.
  2. cjames808

cjames808 Senior Member
    from SE WI

I’d have reservations about that clear toilet hose. We’d use AG spray hose, bumble bee hose, silicone hose. Double clamps. Although we had gas pumps but lines would occasionally burst fittings crack.

Maybe spray a little Fluid film on the new truck.

SchertzServicesLLC likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    SchertzServicesLLC

This hose is stout. I use it with ag sprayer pumps that put out twice the psi and gom and have yet to have one collapse or burst. As long as you don’t kink it intentionally it’s good stuff. It’s only 45 psi so single clamps are sufficient.

Planning on FF the truck as soon as I finish getting all the wires ran under the truck.

m_ice likes this.
  4. cjames808

cjames808 Senior Member
    from SE WI

Nice. Looks solid.

5. m_ice

m_ice PlowSite.com Addict

Remember that the conditions you'll be using this for will be different than typical ag situations. Certain compounds have a tendency of becoming very brittle and shattering when cold.

6. OP
    OP
    SchertzServicesLLC

Been using it for 12.5% sodium hypochlorite for years and exposed to the sun. They are the same valves that vsi and snow ex use. My tubing and fittings are the same as westerns pre made kit.

m_ice likes this.