Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy another plow and have been reading some about the prodigy. I like the concept but not sure how well it would hold up after a few winters. Any of you guys own one of these? Likes, dislikes? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plow a lot of small commercial lots and I'm looking to control some of the fall offs when we plow deeper amounts of snow. I don't really have a need for a vee plow nor do I need to cover a wider area. I just thought the prodigy would be a better fit for what we do. Just wondered what others that had used one thought of it.

· Registered
134 Posts
The prodigy loses the ability to back drag, considering its ALWAYS in scoop. Some say its "not a big deal" to lock each wing in place to be able to back drag. Think about it, do you you really want to get out of the truck four different times to get your plow in straight configuration and back to normal, to be able to back drag ? Especially with all residential, you'll need to back drag these driveways. Back-dragging is not my favorite but sometimes needs to be done. I think the V, in my mind, is great for LONG driveways which I don't do. I know they are also great for moving a ton of snow across parking lots.

Go with wide-out. Once you go with an adjustable wing plow youll never go back.

matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.