Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site, but been on lawnsite for years. I have a 06 2500hd sierra. I just put bigger tires on it and that raised the truck two inches. When I plow the plow mount still hits the ground on little hills. Also while driving and I put the plow to one side so the engine and trans stay cool. If I don't go slow any type of bump the plow bangs on the corner of it. Is this a normal thing or I am doing something really wrong please.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
It wasn’t doing any of this before you put the larger tires on and raised it 2”? If not, there shouldn’t be any correlation between the two, so something else may have just happened coincidentally.

Is the plow loose/flopping as you drive?

· Registered
14,949 Posts
So you raised the truck, and now the mount hits on bumps? Ummmmmm how?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first year plowing. The truck had the normal size tires on it when I bought it. I had an older gmc with the size tires I have now. The smaller tires were a pain as I back my dump trailer into driveways the hitch would hit. I put a few sizes up on the tires and it doesn't hit. I bought a used western plow this year. When I am traveling I have the blade turned to the right and it only sits a few inches off the ground. I can't put it straight as it blocks the air flow. It does hit on big bumps and scraps the mount pulling out of low driveways with a hill when I am plowing. My friend who is a seasoned plow man says my truck is too low.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called the place I bought it from and they said those years trucks had the front end sag. He said what you guys had said to adjust the torsion bars to help. I will have my garage take care of that.

· Registered
4,372 Posts
my mvp3 use to do that but after a 2inch leveling kit and weight it solved it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.