Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The handle for the stand broke off and i need to replace just the handle but distributors only sell as a whole unit . even though I can buy the spring, the stand itself and the locking pin separate.. they want almost $300 . Is there a plow junk yard (haha) or someplace else i can get just the handle????? Please help and thank you

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Why can't you just weld it back in place as mentioned?

· Registered
394 Posts
Seriously, I have a hard time believing this will hold... but then again I've never tried it and it's it only under $20 so maybe ill give it a shot.. someone told me to have it arc welded..supposedly it's a stronger bond...
It was intended as a joke. Definitely go with the welding. In my experience Jb weld is OK for cosmetic pieces or non load-bearing repairs. I would not use it on anything crucial such as this.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does your plow have the two stands under each horn where the stand is part of the hooking mechanism? If so, just curious how the handle broke because they're pretty solid.
The pin that holds the stand up was not seated correctly and when I back bladed that side fell out. Not knowing I went to go forward and heard a small scraping sound.. I was the stand...stupid mistake on my part

· Registered
16,971 Posts
Seriously, I have a hard time believing this will hold... but then again I've never tried it and it's it only under $20 so maybe ill give it a shot.. someone told me to have it arc welded..supposedly it's a stronger bond...
I have used this product a lot. It WILL NOT work on your application. You need it welded back together.

· Registered
244 Posts
I think he's talking about the heavy wire hoop/handle on the adjuster for the foot height. I had one break on mine and just welded part of a worn mower blade on. Looks like crap, but it's worked for years.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think he's talking about the heavy wire hoop/handle on the adjuster for the foot height. I had one break on mine and just welded part of a worn mower blade on. Looks like crap, but it's worked for years.
Yes that's exactly what broke off .. I was hoping to just buy a new one but can't but it seoerate.. uuuuggg!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.