Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a western mvp and intermittently the left wing won’t retract more then 1/2” at a time by pushing left wing button, and will also lift by hitting any button except for down or angle right or right wing… it will angle right perfectly, but will not angle left. Right wing button works flawlessly. Will not scoop or vee.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Brandon

· Premium Member
17,090 Posts
It sounds like a bad controller - there isn't any valve that can affect all those functions either stuck open or closed.

It isn't easy to rule out unless it's doing it consistently. Basically when it happens you need to check for magnetism at the coils (not power, as it's a switched ground system)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like a bad controller - there isn't any valve that can affect all those functions either stuck open or closed.

It isn't easy to rule out unless it's doing it consistently. Basically when it happens you need to check for magnetism at the coils (not power, as it's a switched ground system)
thanks! I was my assumption, but wanted to double check. It’s the older round 10pin so should be good and expensive here in Canada.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
👌🏼 Your knowledge is appreciated. So one other question… is the circuit board interchangeable from the small square plug controller to the 10pin if I just plug my harness into it? I got a feeling it’s gonna be like hens teeth getting the older one around here…

· Premium Member
17,090 Posts
👌🏼 Your knowledge is appreciated. So one other question… is the circuit board interchangeable from the small square plug controller to the 10pin if I just plug my harness into it? I got a feeling it’s gonna be like hens teeth getting the older one around here…
No, the controllers and PCBs are totally different

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are still readily available from Western (and Fisher for that matter) but expect to have to special order it and wait. It's long obsolete so many dealers won't bother to stock it.
Just talked to fisher dealer, they don’t have the western controller, but have the EZV Fisher 10pin for thé low low price of $800Can plus the government over reach of 15% tax. So basically $1000 lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts