Western 7.5' on a 99 f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Claybecom, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Claybecom

Claybecom Junior Member

i do mostly business sidewalks but just added plowing to the mix midway last season. i bought a western 7.5ft plow that i put on my 1999 f-150. i have a slight sag (besides the sag of the plow weight, it sagged about 2 or 3in and when adjusted it sagged another 1 or 2in) and wondering what way i should approach upgrading. i dont want to lift because of the angle difference. i dont want to get bigger springs because i do use the truck alot without the plow and the ride will be affected (i take the plow off pretty often in the winter, and i use this truck for my lawn biz in the summer) i just need a little something. other then the little bit of sag the plow worked great for my needs but im no mechanic so thought i would ask the pros for their recommendation - Thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Counterweight

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Air bags will allow you to adjust the ride height without trading off for a miserable ride

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Gunna be difficult trying to get bags for a torsion bar suspension.....looks like leveling kit or new keys

5. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

You could certainly be right - I didnt bother to see if any kit actually existed