Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Have not posted in a bit, but ran myself into a problem with converting a 3 plug, 4 port iso module to a 2 plug fleet flex with a conversion kit.

Basic info.
Had a straight blade ultramount 1. Decided to upgrade from a company locally I know to a Prodigy that is less that 3 full seasons old. Big upgrade for me.

Ordered the 4 port iso module fleet flex conversion kit from Storks

44486 Fleet Flex Truck Side Conversion Kit From 3 Wire to 2 Wire Western Fisher Blizzard SnowEx Isolation Multiplex V
OR

Kit arrived.
Followed directions. Voltage on truck side checks out all the way back to the outbound side of the fuses on the iso mod.
Went to turn on controller for plow-nothing.
Tried second controller-nothing
Turned on headlights-nothing on plow, truck only.
Adjusted grounds in 11 pin plug.
the 11 pin on this is for the lights. So not only do i not have controls, i have no headlights.

Usually I am pretty good about backtracking an electrical issue.
I went through and removed each connector in the new kit and nothing changed.

What is something I may be missing?
Ill blame the installer (me) before I blame the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
The harness for the controller has 2 square 4 pin connectors. Are they connected to the correct locations? They can be switched and connected wrong.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I sold a plow to a guy and he had a “plow installer” install it. It didn’t work so I told him to bring it to me. That was the first thing I checked and it was connect wrong!!! Guy thought I sold him something defective!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sold a plow to a guy and he had a "plow installer" install it. It didn't work so I told him to bring it to me. That was the first thing I checked and it was connect wrong!!! Guy thought I sold him something
The harness for the controller has 2 square 4 pin connectors. Are they connected to the correct locations? They can be switched and connected wrong.
installed per diagram. Just checked. I will, for S&G reverse it anyway and check

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Installed per diagram. Isn't backwards. Just checked.
For giggles, try connecting the truck to your old plow - just the lighting connector, not the power cable. See if the controller turns on and the lights switch over.

That will rule out an issue with the 11 pin plug on the new(er) plow
At 3 years old, I doubt that's the issue but it's a simple thing to rule out so it's worth trying.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For giggles, try connecting the truck to your old plow - just the lighting connector, not the power cable. See if the controller turns on and the lights switch over.

That will rule out an issue with the 11 pin plug on the new(er) plow
At 3 years old, I doubt that's the issue but it's a simple thing to rule out so it's worth trying.
I will do so. I'll let you know

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Few other things to check if that isn't it in order of likelihood:

What source did you use for the red ignition wire? The same one used from the old control harness?

Is the ground connector between the port 1 adapter and the 11 pin harness in port 2 tight and pushed in properly? What is the condition of that connector on the 11 pin harness side?

Can you confirm that you are getting ground back to the module from the 11 pin harness when it's connected to the plow? You'll need to probe the plug in the module to do so.

I know you said you have power at those two fuses - can you confirm you are getting power from them to the port at the module? Not likely there's an issue there but it's one more thing to check.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

What source did you use for the red ignition wire? The same one used from the old control harness?

Is the ground connector between the port 1 adapter and the 11 pin harness in port 2 tight and pushed in properly? What is the condition of that connector on the 11 pin harness side?

Can you confirm that you are getting ground back to the module from the 11 pin harness when it's connected to the plow? You'll need to probe the plug in the module to do so.

I know you said you have power at those two fuses - can you confirm you are getting power from them to the port at the module? Not likely there's an issue there but it's one more thing to check.
I will go through it shortly. Was going to test the 11 pin back on the old plow but it started pouring before I got home. So I'll add this list to the to do part.
I'll snap some pics of the condition of things as I do and post them.

Reactions: Western1

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well buddy. You win.
Put that f'ing knee bolster back on yesterday and smacked the accessory wire that was bundled up and pulled it. Trimmed it down. Tossed a new end on, pow. Back in business. As soon as you said accessory wire I was like ****. I forgot about that. Sure enough.
Now just time to adjust the fall rate on the down stroke and I'm ready to go.
Thanks all. Told you it was the installers fault lol.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts