Went from having side to side and no lift to nothing

Cliffo

New cylinders and hoses, followed the instructions and worked the blade back and forth and added fluid to help fill the system. I mounted the blade with the lift cylinder. The plow will not raise, but would go side to side with ease. I switched pumps to an E47, I think I put the wires on the pump. After I got nothing, switched back to the E60, same . Fried the solenoid? New one, but no markings. Solenoid wiring the E47 wrong? How do I know which side is power in and out?

Philbilly2

PlowSite Fanatic
New cylinders and hoses, followed the instructions and worked the blade back and forth and added fluid to help fill the system. I mounted the blade with the lift cylinder. The plow will not raise, but would go side to side with ease. I switched pumps to an E47, I think I put the wires on the pump. After I got nothing, switched back to the E60, same . Fried the solenoid? New one, but no markings. Solenoid wiring the E47 wrong? How do I know which side is power in and out?
If you have side to side movement, your solinoid is fine.

Have you checked your fluid level again since adding?

OP
C

Cliffo

Are you talking about the main power solenoid under the hood?
Yes , the main solenoid. I went from the up working to nothing working an d I think I attached the cables wrong when I tried the E47. Now I have nothing. No up/down or side/side

OP
C

Cliffo

If you have side to side movement, your solinoid is fine.

Have you checked your fluid level again since adding?
Nothing works now. No up/down or side/side. I think I wired the e47 wrong. I tried both pumps twice and got nothing after filling the cylinders and new hoses. Fluid level is full now

dieselss

PlowSite Fanatic
Main power in on one big lug, power out 9n the other big lug.
Then either 1 wire on the small lug,,,and the solenoid needs to be grounded....
Or if you have 2 small wires, 1 needs to be on each small pin.

OP
C

Cliffo

Main power in on one big lug, power out 9n the other big lug.
Then either 1 wire on the small lug,,,and the solenoid needs to be grounded....
Or if you have 2 small wires, 1 needs to be on each small pin.
Does it matter which big lug gets what wire? The smaller terminal is off to one side. That's what concerns me and makes me think it's the OUT side

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
If the solenoid has battery power, and is mounted on a good ground, see if the small wire is getting power when trying a function with a test lamp, I really do not think it would matter which large terminal the battery was put on. Unless the solenoid is marked as such.

OP
C

Cliffo

If the solenoid has battery power, and is mounted on a good ground, see if the small wire is getting power when trying a function with a test lamp, I really do not think it would matter which large terminal the battery was put on. Unless the solenoid is marked as such.
OK, that's kind of what I was thinking too. I will update as I move along. Thank you everyone

OP
C

Cliffo

On another note, I'm not familiar with plows and pumps as I should be. I know it matters witch fitting is driver and passenger. IIIIs it a possibility I have my fittings wrong?