Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing up mounting my new Meyer EZ Mount to my 92 Bronco. (The 79 Bronco passed away... last week) R.I.P :(
We have driven on the snow and today it was melting... 40 deg. Tonight will be around 20.
I did manage to make two passes before the old girl spun a bearing so it was plowed a little. I want to move the piles farther back and widen the opening to the driveway from the road. It is 150' long by 2 cars wide with a 2 car turn around. This is my own driveway.... dirt.
Any tips on how to move settled set snow?
Thanks for the help
Jon

·
Registered
21 Posts
low range, slow speed, small bites (1' of blade at a time) , while the temp is above frezing, listen to your equip sno hopper...if the pile protests maybe you wait till next week...
or just blast it
good luck

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
5,539 Posts
I did something like that just two days ago. A lady bought a house where they hadn't plowed all winter. So you've got about 30" of frozen garbage. Now my '90 Dodge and Fisher plow are a little heavier than what you're using. What I did was approach a spot with the plow angled and about an inch off the ground - it's frozen. When it started digging in, I stomped on it. It rolled the snow off for about 50 feet until it just came to a stop. Now, I've got a place to start from. I'd take about a 2 foot "bite" and roll it into the area I'd already plowed, then back up and push that onto the pile - take another 2 foot bite ....

Another guy with a Dakota Sport wasn't able to go over about six feet. He just made a bunch of piles for me to clean up:mad: . He did, however, pull me out when I got stuck once:) . It was on landscape I didn't realize was sloped toward the leech field:eek: .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.