Weather Patterns

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Living in the greater Chicagoland area, I'm starting to think that there are no such things as weather "patterns". We can have a little dose of each season in one day. Woke up this morning (freezing because I left my window open all night), and noticed that distinctive smell in the air that smells like winter. Being only the middle of September, I'm not getting my hopes up for snow in the next few weeks, but I am thinking of maybe getting started getting everything in order a little early. Something tells me (maybe high hopes) that winter will be a little earlier this year. In this area, we usually get the scorching hot temps in late August. It's actually been very cool and comfortable. Maybe with any luck at all, the snow will be a little more plentiful this year in my area. I'm guessing Mr. Allin and those in his area could go for a little less this year, but I'm hoping for a busy one...

Just ranting.

Tim

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Tim - if you're ranting, then I'm out of my head. I need some snow to help get some of the money back I've spent this summer on snow toys. My wife's starting to look at me as if I've gone around the bend. She's going with me to Poughkeepsie in October, though.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Hey, Chuck. I just asked my wife and she's interested in knowing if any of the wives would be interested in getting together for supper Friday night and/or breakfast Sat morning to organize a shopping and/or sight-seeing tour. We may want to start a separate thread about this.

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
Yeah get the wives out of the way and they will have to call out the national guard. LOL
Tim, rant all you want just let some of it fall down here to Dayton.

Bruce