Warning lights

Got Grass?

93 degrees 60% humidity & all I can think about is the cold. :rolleyes:

Currently all I have is a cheep walmart $16 blinking amber light.
Odviously it's not very visible & I need something better.
Whats good but not to expensive? What is everyone using?

We are required to have a 360 degree visibility warning light.

Something that has a decent flash rate, bright enough people can see durring the day (in summer) when I'm parked on the side or a road and something people can see from arround a corner when I'm hiding behind a snowbank. & when it's really comeing down still visible from a distance.

I'm not concerned about power consumption.
$1-150 range.

:cool:

billfires

PlowSite.com Veteran
warning light

Probably the best value is the target tech "Highlighter" from Northern Hydraulics. It is a dual bulb rotater with diagonal mirror. You can get it with magnetic mount for $99.00. I ordered one and they had free shipping. It is item #163547-f744 and is 16"L x 7"W x 5"H. It has 80,000 candle power and 285 flashes per minute. If you choose to permanently mount the light you can unbolt the 4 magnets and either disconnect the cigarette lighter plug or just remove the end and connect it to a switch. Hope this helps. Bill C

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
I got a halogen rotating amber light from Galls for $55. They are Signal Halogen Tear Drop. A heavy duty type that can takes the vibration. It works very well in both day and night. It have strong magnet on it and hold down well on the roof. I think you could get a stronger magnet from Galls if you need it. I also run hide-a-flash strobes in front and rear amber signal lights on my truck, but I usually use them during the night because that is when the visibility greatly increase.

Here is the link to Galls website for halogen rotating light.

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=DL017

GMCplow

You might also want to check out the Code 3 website while you shop around on the web. Code 3 has a variety of beacons appropriate for plowing. Most folks in the amber market around St Louis use the "6105 LP beacon". Two rotators with a mirror between, hard wired or magnetic mount with cigar cord. Available in variety of colors to meet varying local codes.

If you move up a notch from the beacons to the mini-bars (see web site for pics), you can also get features such as steady burn side lighting, or rear lighting, etc.

Here's the site URL: www.code3pse.com

Steven

ultimate plow

PlowSite.com Addict
hey gmc plow.
i used to work at a emergency light store. i know everything about them. i would thing the highlighter would be the best light
for a snowplow. they are very bright!!!they are not very much money either. i know a place where you can get them for 75.00
email me for more information. thanks.

Top Forums