Wanted!! Bagged Rock Salt in Maryland

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by columbiaplower, Feb 19, 2008.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

looking to pick up a pallet or two if anyone has extra they don't want to sit on till next winter. Thanks

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to take a ride to Reading Pa, I have a bit we could sell ya. About $3.75 a 50# bag.

3. OP
    OP
    columbiaplower

thats kinda a ways, how many pallets?

4. OP
    OP
    columbiaplower

your 120 miles away, but ill let you know if i feel like making the trip. Anyone closer?

5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I was just down in south Jersey at a Home Depot and they had about 4 pallets of Roadrunner salt sitting around. It was the new one on Route 9 in Lacey Township.

6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

I picked up a pallet last week from a place in Gaithersburg MD, PM me if you want the contact info

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

We got a truck load last week, so I could spare 2 pallets, but if you don't want to drive, I can't help ya.

8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol come get it i have a whole pallet of blizzard wizzard...(magic salt)

9. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

Any day now, all Home Depot's & Lowes, should be dropping the price to $2.00 @ 50lb bag. Rather than ship them back to the distribution centers.

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have some in Rockville if you still need it. PM me.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

WTF? They never do that here! They don't even put on those good sales on snowblowers like you guys get!! They go on sale, you know, for like $40 off sorta thing, but they never go on a serious clearance. I have yet to EVER see salt on sale.

We get gypped....! :p

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Menards was selling the road crew safety salt, the kind in the yellow and black bags for a $1.00 per bag last spring. LOL I think they were 40lbs. bags.

13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

We don't see bargains like that around here either.

14. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i have a couple of pallets of blizzard wizard. can get you a much as you need. let me know.

15. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Can you use it on concrete? How much per bag?

16. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we have been using it on concrete. i am paying 5.15 per bag. they go a long way.

17. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

Picked up two snow blowers last season from Home Depot 50% off. Heck of a deal. The manager wanted to basically give me the salt he had left, just to get it out of there. Wish I had a place to keep it.

18. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

[​IMG]

Got close to a full pallet of Halite Winter Melt. Will let it go pretty cheap. Give me a call if you want it.

Jesse
    301-399-4054