Walt

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Walter Henry, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Walter Henry

Walter Henry Junior Member

Does anyone know who manufactures and or sells this plow? Wolf bring up little success on a search!
    Thanks
    Walt

DSC02132.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

thats a snowbear winter wolf i had one then i had a winter wolf extreme

Snowbear.com

and they still sell alot of part threw there website but you can bascially rebuild one even after a severe wreck for like 500 bucks.

4. whiteowl

whiteowl Junior Member

Who makes this?

Walt,

Sure looks just like the plow I have mounted on my Wrangler as I speak. My guess is it is a Winterwolf plow manufactured by snowbear (I can tell by the blue paint job). I purchased mine from Fleet Farm about 5-6 years ago. For light duty personal plowing this thing is a Godsent. We are in the middle of a 22" storm right now and this thing has saved my A$$ many times over the years. 3 car wide drive about 40 foot long, slight downgrade from the garages. For the money I saved over a hydraulic rig it has paid for itself many times over the years. Yes, I have to get out of the cab to angle the blade but, for a $3,000 savings, I am more than happy to do that. (I paid $999.00 for it new at the time. Plus $40.00 for my mechanic to put the Jeep on a lift and bolt on the frame mount.You will have to order the special mount for yor vehicle from Snowbear. Delivered within a week. Comes via UPS. Not that heavy.)

The only maintenance I have done to it over the years is 1 new set of skids ($70 at the time) and had the motor terminals cleaned and greased last summer. Works great. And easy to mount and dismount too!! My wife can do it if necessary. I have also had a breathable fiber jacket wrapped around the motor to prevent any melted snow from leaking into the motor end caps and freezing up. Kudos to Snowbear/Winterwolf for building an affordable plow for us homeowners on a budget. BTW, I don't use it for any commercial work, yet.

Search winterwolf.com or Snowbear.com

Good luck. I think you will find it a good investment.

Whiteowl

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  5. OP
    OP
    Walter Henry

Walter Henry Junior Member

Thank you all for your time and information! I truley appreciate it.
    Walt