Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Hello all, I'm sure this has been covered before and I did search but I could not find anything relevant to such an old setup.

This is an 85 F250 and I think the plow setup is from the 70's. I just bought this truck over the summer and today was the first day I hooked the plow up and tried to use it.

The plow goes up and down perfectly (I plowed my driveway with ease), but when I command left or right angle I can hear the pump making noise but nothing happens. I topped off the fluid a few days ago by adding fluid to the fill hole until it started to run out. The one quick connect on the left ram leaks a bit but nothing terrible. I can manually push the plow left and right quite easily.

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue might be? Could I have air in the system? Bad valve? Am I missing a proper fluid top-off procedure? Hell I'm not even positive I hooked the hydraulic lines up to the angle rams properly.

Like I said, lots of reports of this happening on this forum but I couldn't find anything pertaining to a setup and pump this old. Thanks for any help! View attachment 258483
View attachment 258479
View attachment 258480
View attachment 258482
View attachment 258481
View attachment 258484
Not a Ferd guy, but that is a pretty clean looking truck. Where’d you find it/buy it out of? Interesting use of the quick connect on the hoses, too.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I thought that’s how all of the old westernswere plumed?
Could be. It’s possible I just never noticed. I didn’t really pay attention to equipment till I picked up a 15 year old Fisher MM1 a whole back No quick disconnects at the rams on that one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts