• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

V-Plows

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I was just checkin out the various web-sites of plow mfgr's, and I was mainly looking at Fishers. What's the deal with the chains???

Also, anyone in here using a Boss plow with the SmartHitch deal? Is it really as easy as it sounds?

-Tim

JD PLOWER

PlowSite.com Veteran
Tim, I'm not sure if this is what you mean't but the chains lift the plow and are used as a safety device. If your plow breaks down and you need to get home you can jack up the plow and shorten the chain .

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I thought I saw about 3-chains on that thing. I'm only used to seeing one. Just looked a little out of place at first.

-Tim

ProSeasons

Smart Hitch on 9'2' Boss V

You would'nt beleive how easy this thing is. They say you can get it on your truck in about 35 seconds. I'm a newbie and my fastest time is 26 seconds. My kid can put this thing on my truck if I would let her near it while I'm operating, but I don't.You guys are right about it tripping funny,though.I've had that thing standing on it's point, just like it's namesake, a big V!Boss has to be one of the toughest plows made. Good for a rookie like me to start out on.

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
This lot I'm doing (www.motorwerks.com), it would be REALLY nice to have a V-plow. Maybe next year if I can afford it, as well as a bigger truck...

-Tim