Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,266 Posts
If you're asking if you can mount a V blade on your current A frame, or headgear, the answer is no, they're not compatible. If you're asking if you can use a V blade on your current truck's setup, yes. you can, however, you'll need to change your controller and control harness.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
FWIW, 99% the headgear is the same for a MM1 EZV and an 8ft HD.
But yes, it wouldn't be worthwhile to convert his, he'd be money ahead to find a MM1 EZV plow as they don't go for much $, part of the reason is the truckside controller and wiring is $$$

· Registered
6,266 Posts
FWIW, 99% the headgear is the same for a MM1 EZV and an 8ft HD.
But yes, it wouldn't be worthwhile to convert his, he'd be money ahead to find a MM1 EZV plow as they don't go for much $, part of the reason is the truckside controller and wiring is $$$
Not for the MM1, MM2 yes. Could it be bastardized...maybe, but I've never seen it done, so I couldn't comment to that.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Hmm, now I'm curious the differences, never noticed. There is a version for the EZV plus what appears to be at least 3 or 4 for HD over time according to the parts diagram. I have a pile of both kinds and never noticed. Not sure there is anything 'important' enough to matter between them though, maybe a veteran dealer will chime in.

· Registered
6,266 Posts
I doubt most dealers would even know. You'd have to found one that was around back in the early to mid 90's with a wealth of knowledge.... that they could even still recall. A majority of the dealers that I know are useless when it comes to information, and they're not even close to reliable, half the time they know their sh!t, the other half they're making sh!t up, and taking a stab in the dark as to why things are, the way they are. If you're really curious, Paul at Langs might know, he'll tell you straight up one way or the other, and not guess. He's about the only straight shooter I know in the game.

I personally believe it to be a rigidity issue more than anything, as well as mountability of the push assembly to connect the appropriate A Frames to the headgear. If I were to talk out of my arse, I would say it was because the V Blade was an afterthought to the MM series, and they had to re engineer the headgear to be strong enough to withstand the v blade & the needed A frame structure.

The A frame is a 100% non negotiable item imo, you'd never be able to modify it to work with a MM V blade without hacking, and adding to it, to a point that it'd be considered reconstruction or fabrication. The Headgear...maybe, the spread is off, mounting holes are off...but again, what's the point of any of it unless you're a fabricator, with a bunch of time on your hands, and material to waste.

On another note, for your efforts of frankensteining your pieces together to useable plows....

Font Art Parallel Auto part Automotive parking light
White Font Line Parallel Diagram
Product Rectangle Font Line Parallel
Product Font Line Rectangle Parallel
Product Rectangle Font Line Parallel
Line Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram

· Registered
1,172 Posts
OK, its not too bad. You need to change over the control harness from 3 pin you have right now to 7 pin (port 1 if you have 4 port). And you need V controller. Everything else you have on the truck can stay.

· Registered
295 Posts
If your truck mount is mm1 a mm2 will work just fine. Mm2 just changed the plow head gear a bit. Nothing in how it attaches to the truck.

My 95 truck has mm1 truck mount and i have a 2006 mm2 Ezv hooked to it off a 06 dodge 2500. Nothing had to be changed except for electrical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.