Snow Plowing Forum banner

v-plow help!!

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Deere John 
OK - my (very good) Boss dealer has been flogging the Boss for 12 years. He said ( in the heat of the sales pitch for me to buy the first one for me) two years ago that he just saw the first Boss pump come into his shop in 10 years for a true rebuild due to a wear situation. He has had others in prior to that due to abuse and collision, but it was 10 years before a truly worn out pump came in.

Just his relation to me

BTW, we ended up believing the sales pitch and the product. No westerns or fishers or (Yikes) Hinekers in the area. Actually, if Boss were not available, we would have gone with more Arctics, because of the dealer and the reasonable quality of the Arctics.

As and aside, I had the opportunity to chat up the Artic sales dude this summer, I beat him up about not building me a vee plow, and his response was that, as a former Fisher employee, the direction he wanted to see Arctic go was to chase the Fisher markets in Eastern Ontario and Quebec. I told him my straight blade days were over; build me a vee and I will buy lots, and he told me to buy Bosses. Go figure.

His name was John ____. Do you know him Geoff???? He was pretty stubborn, and not very concerned about his loyal customers. In otherwords, I didn't care for him too much, and my dealer even had less flattering things to say about him.

[Edited by Deere John on 12-26-2000 at 04:12 AM]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.