Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with material flow to the auger. It will only flow using the vibrator. The other day the vibrator fuse blew so I was out of business. I didnt know at the time it was a simple fix,so just used a different truck.
so ,this unit has two inverted baffles ,one on top of the other. Removing the top one would allow more flow. Has anyone done this?

· Registered
247 Posts
I am having a problem with material flow to the auger. It will only flow using the vibrator. The other day the vibrator fuse blew so I was out of business. I didnt know at the time it was a simple fix,so just used a different truck.
so ,this unit has two inverted baffles ,one on top of the other. Removing the top one would allow more flow. Has anyone done this?
Yes, we have removed the top baffle when the salt has been wet. If you have a problem with flow, try that first. I always felt the inverted was more of a necessity when running a drag chain spreader vs. an auger spreader, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.