1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Utility Cover

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bbct001, Oct 5, 2012.

  1. bbct001

    bbct001 Member
    Messages: 35

    Just purchased a 9' reading Utility body. Looking for a soft, rollup type tonneua (sure I butchered that spelling) cover for the bed area.
    Needs to mount on some type of rail inside the box, as it has top boxes on it as well.

    Anyone know of anything out there without going custom? Found plenty of garage door type solid rollups, but a little overkill, and over budget for my project.
  2. MickiRig1

    MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,617

    I have one of those roll top desk kind of covers. One problem is you have a 14 inch square box at the end to have it roll into. Maybe solid angle iron inside the bed with Velcro to attach the cover to it. My cover has rails, with slats that have the plastic cover attached to them. They ride in the rails. It rolls into the box.