used plow wiring (9 pin wiring)

Frank

Hello all
I don't post to often but I follow the site. I am wondering if someone can help me. i bought a used 6.6 western uni-mount from one person and bought the mount and wiring harness from another that came off a jeep wrangler, just like i have. the wiring harness has the 9 pin hook up, but the plow didn't. so i ordered a 9 pin male plug plow side. well since the 9 pin plug came with no installation instructions, i am trying to figure it out myself. I can trace the colored wires into the motor but my lights are the problem. I have "truck-light" lights on my frame and each one has 5 wires, red, black, green, yellow, and white. I don't want to risk putting wires together and blowing or burning out something. I know there is some Pros on here that can help me, before I take matters into my own hands and screw it up.javascript:smilie(':rolleyes:')

Thanks
Frank

TurfPlus

lighting on plow side of plug
black/orange=ground
gray=left turn
purple=right turn
brown=parking lights
black=low beam
white=hi beam

valve manifold
white w/ yellow strip=2w
light green=3w
light blue=4w
black/orange=ground for all 3 coils

let me know if you need the schematic. i can scan it at work and send it to you.

OP
F

Frank

Thanks Turfplus

Now that I have a better idea of the 9 pin plug I can try a figure out the lights on the plow. If you have the time to send me the schematic. I would appreciate that.

Thanks Again
Frank

Top Forums