1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updated body control module for voltage spikes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dlcs, Dec 22, 2016.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

My western dealer contacted me today and sent me this release. Ford has a Service bulletin out on the voltage spike problem while operating a plow.

Attached Files:

2. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Thank you for that. I will be contacting my dealer.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

No problem. Just got the update so far so good but haven't plowed or worked it hard yet. Time will tell.

4. reedo

reedo Member

It states for 2015-2016 vehicles. I have a 2013 F-350 gas that's been doing this since day one.

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Didn't help, still does it.

6. reedo

reedo Member

I have an appointment next Thursday. I will report back whether I have luck or not. The last 3 times in I got no help but that was before the bulletin.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yes please let me know how it works for you. Thanks

8. reedo

reedo Member

I took my 2013 F-350 in yesterday after seeing this bulletin. I was told this is only for the 15' and 16' model years because they have a different ECM. They had a 2017 in there with the same problem and they were unable to get that fixed also! So I guess if you have anything besides a 15' or 16' you are outta luck.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Interesting on the 17...... Nothing is the same on the 16 and earlier models.

Technology in the 17 is so far advanced, crazy jump from the 16.

Either way with 5 plowing, my has been flawless.

10. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

My 15 is okay as long as I turn on as many electrical gizmos as possible. I'll be taking it in for the update sometime this month.

11. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Got it done. Didn't fix the problem. The flash screwed the truck up and the dealer had to keep reflashing. Several hours later the truck was back to normal. I wouldn't recommend this fix.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So Chebbie and Furd have this same problem. Haven't heard of it in RAM's. I wonder what they did different.

13. reedo

reedo Member

From what I am told all manufacturers have this problem.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

And yet no threads for RAM owners. I know I'm not the only one running a newer RAM. And I couldn't find anything on Google.

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

They are not as technically advanced, they are also the minority......

Or they got their stuff figured out.....lol

reedo and Mark Oomkes like this.
  16. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I would assume this could be the reason after our push on Sunday I got into my 16 on Tuesday and all my radio settings were gone? I don't drive that one so will ask my foreman!