1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

update for Monday's storm in Boston

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Nov 29, 2006.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Is anybody having a reliable source for this coming storm? What about putting updates as they come?
    Checked in at least 10 different places. They are saying Boston area might not get as much as they thought and they also say we will probably get nothing, maybe just rain.

2. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

too soon to tell. Chan 7 said rain/snow mix, 4 this morning said possible significant, weather.com showing temps in the high 30's.... its a crap shoot atm.

3. J29

J29 Senior Member

Accuweather has eastern New England with a possible significant winter storm. The local RI stations are just saying stay tuned. NWS has a chance of snow, but too early to tell. Guess we'll just have to wait another day or so and be envious of the guys out in the midwest and great lakes. J.

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Rain, Rain and more Rain. It's all we ever get.

5. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

i'm not gunna lie guys, but a couple of my plows aren't ready....i just looked at weather.com and there only saying light snow

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Talk of it on our local stations. But i dont even wanna think about it or get my hopes up. Ill check back on this thread on Sunday night:sleeping:

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Im still working on leaf jobs it wont break my heart if this one misses us.

8. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

If I was you guys I would gear up.It is hitting indianapolis friday morning gonna be 1 or 2 inches they will melt.But the heavy snow is going to be north of us looking like it is going to hit you guys head on:redbounce

Have fun be safe take us some pictures.

RCGM
    Brad

9. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Over the years we all know how it seems our local forecasters seem to drop the ball ...
    So for the past couple of years I have been learning a little about the computer models that they use to forecast weather. And since I know far less than them it seems I have just as much chance to predict the weather as they do ..And sometimes even amaze my friends when I get it right ... So hear is my take on what I just looked at for computer models..
    Our storm for MA on Monday (Dec 5) lets make that not Monday but Tuesday(Dec 6) will be out to sea..
    Our first shot at snow will be Thursday(Dec 7) and if it comes will be light maybe 2 inches at best and if it sticks
    we will have a washout (rain ) on Saturday (Dec9)
    Then hold your hats cause on Tuesday (Dec12) we will have our first nor easter of the season with snow and high winds ..
    there is my 2 week prediction.. and the weather guys have the same info .. they just wouldn't't even think about telling us .. lol we shall see what happens ..:angry:

10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Can I get a Prediction for Here Indianapolis Indiana?:D

RCGM
    Brad

11. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I never said I was a real weather guy .. WWW.NOAA.GOV look for weather maps ... and try to make your own ... lol good luck

12. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

weather.com updated the prediction to snow showers, and changed the map from mix snow/rain to all snow. Maybe things starting to look up?

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I dont know whats gonna happen with the weather monday... but i saw a awful lot of landscaping companies around town today hooking up the plows and spreaders.

14. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

61 degrees right now here, windy as hell too. Monday a waste of precipitation:cry:

15. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Channel 6 says plowable snow monday payup

16. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Well, every channel said yesterday it will be more like rain showers and it seems they are changing their minds 50% chance of a snow storm.

17. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

We have 7 pallets of sod coming from tuckahoe on tuesday so monday doe's not work for me. Just give us 2 weeks to wrap things up and then send 3" every other day, and throw in a blizzard so i can break in the kubota pto blower:D

18. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Forecast Details from the CBS4 Weather Team

Monday - There is a risk of some accumulating snow up to a few to several inches away from the coast where there will be some rain involved before a change to snow. Mostly rain with a brief change to snow on Cape Cod. The snow will taper off to flurries later in the afternoon. A brisk northeast to northerly wind. Highs in the lower to middle 30s except lower 40s on Cape Cod.

music to my ears

19. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

there calling for a couple inches in my area boys....i'm so pumped....i can't wait to push some snow...

20. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

Too early to tell still, but they say there is a chance for some snow on Long Island:confused:

i dont know if i believe it but im crossing my fingers:D