Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While plowing last night had a driver lose all of his fluid on a uni mount, seems like reservoir has TWO drain plugs? allen drain tight, had a "bolt" drain plug that may be stripped, is this correct? Havent dealt with unimount in a while.

If it IS correct, could bolt need o ring?

Jimmy

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Pictures.....

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Pictures.....
Or it didn't happen?

While plowing last night had a driver lose all of his fluid on a uni mount, seems like reservoir has TWO drain plugs? allen drain tight, had a "bolt" drain plug that may be stripped, is this correct? Havent dealt with unimount in a while.

If it IS correct, could bolt need o ring?

Jimmy
None of those fittings use o-rings

· Registered
2,184 Posts
Usually NPT threads can be saved as they are tapered so try chasing the NPT threads first. I think these are 1/4" NPT threads. The next step up is 3/8" NPT threads which I don't think you want to do just yet.

· Registered
14,949 Posts
2 bolts and an o ring under that mount.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I think it IS indeed stripped. I have another plow laying around, ID rather switch the entire power unit, any "easy" ways to avoid alot of wiring? Where do headlight wires lead to? Would be nice if its plugand play? but I doubt it

· Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, I think it IS indeed stripped. I have another plow laying around, ID rather switch the entire power unit, any "easy" ways to avoid alot of wiring? Where do headlight wires lead to? Would be nice if its plugand play? but I doubt it
Changing the power unit is very simple. All you need to do is remove the hydraulic hoses (mark them), remove the cover for the valves and take a picture of what wires are plugged into where, remove + and - from motor, and then unbolt the power unit from the frame. Reverse steps to install. Super simple.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.