Understanding the new Fisher questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 19 F250 in NH, May 11, 2020.

1. 19 F250 in NH

19 F250 in NH Junior Member
    from NH

The last plows I used had headgear and push plates on the truck and the plow was separate. I now have a 19’ F-250 and need truck side equipment. What versions of Fisher will the push plates accept?

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Any plow from 1997ish onward

19 F250 in NH likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    19 F250 in NH

from NH

So anything 97’ into today has the headgear on the plow side?

4. cwren2472

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

While true on the mounts, some of those older mm1s tend to not get along well with front bumpers on newer trucks. Can't speak to a 17-up Super Duty offhand but one other thing to consider.

19 F250 in NH and cwren2472 like this.
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

The newer plows are a lot easier to get on and off.

19 F250 in NH and theplowmeister like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    19 F250 in NH

from NH

After a little more digging and messaging with a few folks, I seem to be leaning towards a MM2.
    Can you guys tell me some pros and cons of this plow?

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Only con to a MM2 is they rot out more than a MM1 (because it's box/channel with poor sealing on the inside that can trap moisture instead of angle iron). Looks for one in good shape, rinse after any storm it sees salt, change fluid annually, and it'll last nearly forever.

cwren2472 and 19 F250 in NH like this.
  9. Kinport

Kinport Senior Member

Any plow on the MM2 platform will be faster due to improved hydraulic speed. They will also generally be in better shape simply due to age (Many MM1s are old enough to drink), I think MM2s are easier to get on and off and you’ll have an easier time getting parts since they are still being manufactured. I’m not sure when they stopped using/building the MM1, maybe in 2008ish? But it’s been a few years now. I do question if the new plows (mm2) are as tough as the older MM1s. Fisher had a bad run on the xtremeV plows and they were having issues due to being under built. A search on this site will turn up info on that. We run both MM1 and MM2 and the MM1 has been bulletproof. No problems with the MM2s either, we just don’t have as much time on them yet.

if I was in your boat, I would be looking for a MM2. The MM1 is getting to be pretty old technology that is no longer being used by its manufacturer and I’m not sure I’d want to strap it on a newer truck. Additionally, Depending on which harness you buy, you’ll be able to run different style plows on the same truck side harness. You could start out with a straight blade and then upgrade to a V or expandable when your ready and not have to change anything on your truck.

19 F250 in NH likes this.
  10. cwren2472

Ignoring that a MM1 will be a much greater PITA to mount, a MM1 will be at least 20 years old. If you can afford a 2019 super duty, do yourself a favor and dont buy a 20 year old plow