Ultramount mvp hose question

huntermac

Replacing all hoses on mvp.
Had hoses made up unfortunate
Had wrong information on fitting size.
Should have been 3/8 an not 1/4"
Could I use 3/8 female to 1/4" reducer or adapter to be able to use these hoses,with out problems with the functionality of the plow.
Thanks for any advise

dieselss

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm gunna say no...the hose still has 1/4 ends.

Long time ago while I was working for a tow company, the boss bought a few pre-made hoses for the wheel lift. Well one day I was told to replace the wheel lift hoses. I installed the hoses and then the lift wouldn't work. It jerked and hoped up and down. We thought air, and I spend 2 days trying to bleed this thing. After all that the boss looked at the old and his new ones....different sizes. We got the correct ones, installed and worked right the first time.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
What @Randall Ave said - those hoses are all JIC swivel ends. You could possibly make it work with adapters but since you didn't know it was JIC to begin with, I'm going to guess yours are NPT. So you'd need something 1/4 npt male to jic female. Which i don't think exists. Could you do it with multiple adapters scabbed together? Maybe...

Last edited:
OP
H

huntermac

What @Randall Ave said - those hoses are all JIC swivel ends. You could possibly make it work with adapters but since you didn't know it was JIC to begin with, I'm going to guess yours are NPT. So you'd need something 1/4 npt male to jic female. Which i don't think exists. Could you do it with multiple adapters scabbed together? Maybe...
They are fjic fittings on plow an ones that were made up.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
You could try a local hydraulics place but I still doubt you'll find a single fitting with the correct ends. And the wide of that pump is pretty crowded already. Best case, the next size down JIC is quite a bit smaller. My guess is you'll get a noticeable loss of performance. Worst case, you'll never get the fittings you need to shoehorn in on the side of the pump. Just buy the right hoses and chalk it up to a learning experience

OP
H

huntermac

Was able to get fittings needed to use the hoses.
Thanks for the help.you guys are the best.

Attachments

• 20210911_085411.jpg
    20210911_085411.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 23

Top Forums