Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this Steve. I am an old new guy. Most recent plow is a 2013 F350 6.7 ext cab long bed with a Boss straight 8'6" plow. Harness was routed next to the wheel well, just to test it's worthiness.... Short of installing a new harness (4 hrs labor @ $115/hr), any way to weatherproof it? This was a South Jersey single lot plow truck and it is now in upstate NY. Any help or insight please.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
Hi this Steve. I am an old new guy. Most recent plow is a 2013 F350 6.7 ext cab long bed with a Boss straight 8'6" plow. Harness was routed next to the wheel well, just to test it's worthiness.... Short of installing a new harness (4 hrs labor @ $115/hr), any way to weatherproof it? This was a South Jersey single lot plow truck and it is now in upstate NY. Any help or insight please.
Any pictures of what you are referring to? Do you mean above the wheel well in the engine compartment, which shouldn't be an issue, or is the harness actually routed on the outside near the tire (for whatever reason I couldn't fathom)?

· Registered
334 Posts
Any pictures of what you are referring to? Do you mean above the wheel well in the engine compartment, which shouldn't be an issue, or is the harness actually routed on the outside near the tire (for whatever reason I couldn't fathom)?
A lot of Fords come w/o wheel well liners...go figure. To the op: You should install in a good pair of wheel well liners. That will keep the slush, water and all other things off your engine and harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.