Snow Plowing Forum banner

u-edge

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  plowking35 
#1 ·
My new Western was installed today, but I want a u-edge due to the amount of gravel and residential plowing I do. Western offers a rubber edge, but I'm not sold on it. The question is; Where should I begin my search? Any direction will help, since none of the snow contractors in this area use them. A u-edge sounds like it's perfect for my application....

#4 ·
I don't even like U-edges. I think Dino would be the first to admit that. Still I am not going to prevent someone from talking to the experts on this. It sounds like he has done his research and knows what he wants. Why not tell him the means to get it.

#5 · (Edited)
I know, Dino is a great guy. He answered all my question about them. I still don't see why you don't like them.
No reply needed, anyone that has been here awhile knows the pros and cons.
It was obvious to me it was a hint, I just thought that it may not be as obvious to others.:)

#8 ·
Ct 18
All you have is an opinion about why they may not work well in some situations. Yet I have hard eveidence that they work well in all situations. You can theorize all you want, but the bottom line is that they work. What have you got to loose in trying one someday except a wrong supisition.
Me and MPT back the edges 110%, and we belief in our product. I am at least glad to see a few people are open minded enough to at least give it a try.
I sold over 100 edges last year, and only 1 was returned for poor performance. I think a 99%+ satisfaction rate speakes for itself.
Dino

#9 ·
Give me one to beat on for a winter and if I am sold on it then I will buy one for each truck. I am not going to shell out money when I have perfectly good steel ones.

Don't get mean after all I did tell him to contact you.

#11 ·
I am not getting mean at all. I just dont see where you are coming from. You act like you have hard and fast eveidence of your therories, and yet I am the one with the real facts. All you have to go by is what you think the edge will or wont do.
Contact me off forum regarding an edge for one of your plows. As a rule we no longer give edges out on a trial bases, because it has been proven that they work. Airports alone are our number one users of edges, they have serated pavement that eats carbide edges to bits, yet the urethane is outwearing the carbide 5 to one. At most airports urethane is specked.
Case in point about our edges, Pineisland had an edge that broke last season, part of the problem was lack of clarification on our part for the installation. And even tho he wasnt my customer, myself and vince made sure he was satisfied by replacing the damages edge with a new one.
Dino

#12 ·
Did I say thanks Dino? :D (And Vince)

I still dont think it was my fault though! ;)

If you use one you will most likely purchase another. I feel much better going into my first plowing this year, with unfrozen ground, having a u edge on my plow.

I am still struggling with getting the mount perfect on that dang Boss though.

Dino- could you take some good closeup pics of all sides of the next boss mount you do yourself?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.