Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a general but important question for plowers. Around the area that i plow there seems to be more and more patterned concrete driveways. Also there are interlock driveways as well. I have talked with other plowers and they suggest to put the blowers on the drives instead of my plow. i know that damage can result from the plow on these driveways and i do not want to make anybody unhappy but i am looking for ways to save time during a storm. I am wondering what your suggestions or techniques are with these driveways.

thanks!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Got Grass got it rite. I do all res drives and alot of my accounts have paver aprons. These were a PIA due to the fact that we would have to clear them with a blower. My poly edge should be here any day now and I have been targting estates with pavers,or freshly sealed drives. I have gotten a big response.

I am picking up bigger accounts and they will be more clustered this year enabling me to write more work. I haven't tried these edges as yet but did alot of research before I invested in one.
I wrote a new account the other day that will pay for the edge in 2 visits or one snowfall over 6". Now all I need is old man winter to kick in. He kind of passed us by last season. :mad:

Mark

·
PlowSite.com - Veteran
1,277 Posts
Yep, little plows like that, big highway plows, pushers, etc., they're used on all. Hit the "search" buttoin on the top right corner of your screen & you will find a few threads with comments on them. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
polyedge

hey guys sorry for the long delay in replying. i have been busy doing final cleanups and dealing with the snow fall last weekend. Anyway i looked into getting the poly edge for plow and the price was 500.00 cdn. So as this was alittle steep for now i had steel edges installed 200.00 installed. 5/8 steel edge that is. It worked well for the first snow fall but again some driveways i willb espending some time on. i Have 40 drives and 1 lot to do this year. Here we go again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.