TTB Ford

PlowSite.com Addict
Pathmaker - TTB stands for Twin Traction Beam, Ford's name for the front end setup used in the F150/F250 series trucks. It's not as strong a setup as the solid axle used in the F350's, so that lighter plow is a good choice.

7' blade does seem a bit narrow for a full-size truck, do you have any problems with your rear tires getting into the unplowed snow on a turn or curve?

OP
P

pathmaker

well ???

I just got this truck in the middle of summer
and i just got this plow put on a few days ago
and being there isnt any snow on the ground i cant answer that question as of yet do you think the long whell base will make that happen ?

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I dont think you have toworry about the TTB on that truck, 97 I think was the first year ford used A aras and torsion bars.
Dino

90plow

Solid axle

Where can I find a solid axle for a 97 F-250 with a TTB? I want to convert it to a solid axle has anyone performed this before?
Thanks
Eric

SnowLane

That 97 truck is a F250LD which uses a F150 frame. Ford only made the Light Duty from 1997-1999. Being that it is a F-150 Chasis it may be difficult to put on a solid axle.

90plow

TTB

Pelican sorry for not responding. This is for my friendhe islooking for theequipment to convert his ford. He is interested, and how much were you looking to sell this for? You said its the whole setup, what does that include?
Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance

Eric

Top Forums