• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

truckcraft sanders

slplow

PlowSite.com Veteran
I was thinking of getting a new spreader and was wondering if any body was yousing tailgate replacement spreaders on thier dumps,instead of a veebox. I was thinking of the truckcraft or should i stay with a veebox?

cat320

2000 Club Member
I always woundered that too .You would be able to hold more sand and be able to clean them out easier.Is it worth it insted of a v box? I know that the truckcraft tailgate one is almost as much as a vbox.

OP
S

slplow

PlowSite.com Veteran
CAT, I priced one out today at $4,250. cash and carry.To me that's alot of coin for what it is. I think i will stay with a steal veebox,my last one lasted over 10 years. I can get a fisher 1.7yd for $2,695. cash and carry.

CCSwanson

The truckcraft insert is a year round item dump in the summer-spreader in the winter so would this not be cost effective. I have also thinking about getting a dump insert.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I to priced a truck craft replacment tailgate spreader this season and it was around $ 4300.00. I opted to stay with a v box. In the off season you can buy 1 year old spreaders for around 2k. So I could outfit myself with two 1 yr old steel spreaders for the price of one tailgate replacement.
Dino

landscaper3

We just got a brand new Fisher 1.7 yard V-BOX with in cab controlls 10hp motor installed for $3,000.00 I would go that way then a tailgate one your bed will last longer and $1000.00 to put somewhere else.