Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this site but not knew to plowing, I own 80 acres in northern Ontario Canada my drive way is a little over 1 mike, I was cleaning it with a 1977 pay star 5000 4x6 but I just lost the front diff, so the old girl is dead
Now i am thinking of buying a trojan -yale 2000 with a 4-71
But I need to know if parts are still available what I am worried about are the planetary gears, transition, motor not so much it's a 2 stroke and parts do not seem to be a problem

Can you give me any comments on parts
He wants $8500.00 canadian

I do not know how to post pictures,

Thank you.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. But I decided to not buy
I am now looking at JD, parts seem to be easier to find for any JD
So 2 choice now a loader JD 544,
Or call me crazy a small skidder 440.

As any one ever heard of pro Quip? It sound like its difficult to find parts for these, but it is a nice newer machine

Thnx.

· Registered
15,308 Posts
We have a 544b and a 644

544b is notorious for doors rotting and bending the lower door half.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure of the JD 544 model, all they say is 544, it's a late 60 or early 70's and if the only issue is a bent door, I am a license auto body tech, I guess I can rebuild a door

What about parts, not to worried about the motor, but the axels, the brakes, the planetary gears.... the hydraulic pump....

The reason I am thinking JD is because some one told me parts are easy to find....what's your opinion on this, they may be pricey but can you get them?

Like I said I can get a Trojan -yale but my fear is parts...

· Registered
15,308 Posts
Im.pretty sure you can get alot of the parts through j.d.
Hydraulic items were rebuilt by our hydro guy.

Reactions: ArticBob
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.