1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

trip bar?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fga, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. fga

    fga Member
    Messages: 51

    i'm new to plowing this year, i've always used the blowers. i just bought a plow off some guy. i've seen people talk about trip bar setting? what is a trip bar and the difference in settings?newbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. fga

    fga Member
    Messages: 51

    Thanks alot, very helpful, Ill go back to the lawnsite where questions that don't seem important still get answered.
  3. DadnSon

    DadnSon Junior Member
    Messages: 20

    Why don't you try this thread,


    try email or PM'ing a few who posted in this thread, post what brand of plow you bought since you didn't post it and trip bars do vary.
    Try searching or calling the manufacturer of your plow and see what assistance they can offer.

    Last, but not least....don't pout in your post. This site can have heavy posting traffic some day's and it can be a ghost town at times so, be patient. There are guy's that are plowing and guy's like me that have only seen a couple of snow flakes and plenty of time on my hands.
  4. fga

    fga Member
    Messages: 51

    Thanks for getting back to me dadnson, I appreciate your time. I'm not really pouting, just see 80 something views and not a peep. Don't worry, the snow will come......atlest you'll be ready and eager. I had to visit all my snow accounts twice with no experience plowing....wound up doing some parts by hand that someone else would have plowed easily. I'll get it eventually. Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!!
  5. TLS

    TLS PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,425

    I don't know either. Never heard of something called a "trip bar".

    If you want more of your answers answered, you may want to apologize for your comment.

    And if you've SEEN posts where this is discussed, ask in them. I've personally never heard of the term "trip bar".

    But there are "trip edges" , "trip springs", "full trip moldboards", etc.

    And also it may help to make the subject line a little more describing of what it is your asking in the post.

    I saw it the other day and just thought some joker was "trippin on acid at a bar".
  6. CPSS

    CPSS Senior Member
    Messages: 334

    Adam, you might also try doing a search here. Trip edge, and trip edge springs will bring up a few responses. And lastly, with that attitude you might never get any help here........... just a thought.