1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

transfer case rod

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sven1277, Jan 8, 2013.

  1. sven1277

    sven1277 Senior Member
    Messages: 498

    I have a 00' silverado 2500 6L gas with auto tranny and manual transfer lever on the floor. The rod under the truck fell off . GM doesn't make the part anymore. A local auto yard says they probably have one but want me to stop in and look at it. I don't know what it looks like. Any pics? Thanks.
  2. woodchuck2

    woodchuck2 Senior Member
    Messages: 304

    Junkyard will have it or you can just make one. Most of the rods were basically 3/8ths round stock bent on each end to pass through the linkage and bent if needed to a contour of the transfer. Hell, Ford used just a piece of flat stock with a hole in each end for some yrs. Easy to make if need be. But i would be at a junk yard 1st.
  3. sven1277

    sven1277 Senior Member
    Messages: 498

    Thanks for the reply. I've called around without luck so it looks like I'll be fabricating my own. It has male ball joints on either end sized .395" so far no luck finding that size. I think 3/8" will be way too small
  4. blazer2plower

    blazer2plower Senior Member
    Messages: 544

    Try NAPA. Or look up the pt# on GMPARTS.COM