• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Tractor v plow

Hill town

Looking into a massey Ferguson 4700 series tractor and a horst 4000 series 6 way blade. Anyone have any experience with this blade? I plow cottage roads and am worried about the parallel lift system approaching hills. Also it hangs way out the front of the tractor compared to a truck.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
What in particular about the parallel lift concerns you?

I love the Horst hitch on our Kubota...told Ebling numerous times it was far superior to the donkey "unit" setup they had for Daniels and even Blizzards.

OP
H

Hill town

Because its a parallel lift not a radial like in a truck. As you start up a hill the angle of attack on the blade gets more and more aggressive until the front tires start uphill. Radial lifts don't do this. Also it hangs way off the front of a tractor. From the numbers I'm given I'd say close to 9 feet from the center of the front wheels.

grnleafgrnscape

It's not the same, but I have 2 Boss 10 ft v plows with wing extensions on 6 series Deere tractors for 3 years now with zero issues. Only thing would be nice if they had an accumulator on them.
In process of putting one on a v to try it.

grnleafgrnscape

Boss only goes up to a 5 series. I made my mounts and used a regular wire harness. Didn't do any cutting so still can be used on a truck. Headlight adapters are same as Ford.

OP
H

Hill town

They are still in business. V35 uses a radial lift so its basically what I'm looking for. Waiting on a quote from them.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
So you're thinking of attaching the "A-frame" of the V plow to the lift of the HLA?

I guess I could see it then, but then it would be much easier to fab up some plates as was suggested and use the lift mechanism on the plow. Far cheaper than a Machinability too.