Tractor trailer roof snow removal

leolkfrm

PlowSite Veteran
a 14 ft tower and a piece of hard rubber making the clearance 13'4"
prob best if angled to sweep it off as it is driven under...

not my idea, saw it at a terminal

SnoFarmer

Banned
th.jpg
th.jpgrtyhj.jpg
th.jpgsdfgh.jpg

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
Mr Delete is right around the corner. I have trucking company's that I do this for. It sucks to do, because you have to go where the trailer is. What do I charge. A LOT! You have to be careful, some roofs are fiberglass. Use a good ladder, a roof rake, and make sure that your workman's comp is paid up to date.

OP
97BlackDiesel

97BlackDiesel

Mr Delete is right around the corner. I have trucking company's that I do this for. It sucks to do, because you have to go where the trailer is. What do I charge. A LOT! You have to be careful, some roofs are fiberglass. Use a good ladder, a roof rake, and make sure that your workman's comp is paid up to date.
Thank you for a helpful response.

Dirtebiker

I've roped off of trees and trucks on the opposite side of buildings working on steep and/or metal roofs. I suppose you could rig something in case of a fall.
Main question is would the trucks come to you, or you go to the trucks?
If you can set up in one spot, there are a lot of options.

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
You are going to the trailer. He legally can't drive it with all that snow on the roof. That's the law here, if the cop feels like enforceing it. You are not going to be able to charge enough to set up scaffolding, or safety harnesses. If I do it. Probably takes about an hour to hour and a half. Get around 250. To 300. Now that's for one road service for one trailer. NO trucking company is going to pay that amount for a lot of trailers on one trip.

Top Forums