Tractor and Inverted Snowblower

Minnesotasnow

I am purchasing a 60hp Kubota Tractor and need to get an inverted snowblower for it. We have HOA's and targeting residential driveways. My dealer is trying to sell me an 82 inch Erskine inverted snowblower because the dealer is within 2 hrs of my location. Many of you are running Normand blowers. Anyone running Erskine and what are your thoughts? I am open to any and all advice on things I should do or think about before the season starts. I want to have it set up right and if that means spending more to do so, that is ok.

seville009

PlowSite.com Addict
From a brand standpoint, Erskine is good. I don’t have an inverted blower, but have an Erskine on my skidsteer. Never had any issues with it. Good quality in my opinion

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
If it were me, I would get a Normand Hybrid.

It provides a far better scrape and is more efficient than the original inverted.

As long as Erskine has been around, I would think it's a decent unit, but the hybrids are far superior.

Lastly, not sure where in Minniesoda you are, but the Normand distributor is TNA Sales.

https://www.tnasales.com/

Landgreen

I have never ran Erskine. We have a couple Normands and a hybrid on the way. They have been very reliable. And all I hear are positive reviews of the hybrid so looking forward to running it this winter.

You might struggle a little with a 60hp tractor but I know many use that and seems to work okay. Wouldn't work very well in my neck of the woods.

Calcon

I am purchasing a 60hp Kubota Tractor and need to get an inverted snowblower for it. We have HOA's and targeting residential driveways. My dealer is trying to sell me an 82 inch Erskine inverted snowblower because the dealer is within 2 hrs of my location. Many of you are running Normand blowers. Anyone running Erskine and what are your thoughts? I am open to any and all advice on things I should do or think about before the season starts. I want to have it set up right and if that means spending more to do so, that is ok.

So I just went and looked at that Erskine. Tell your dealer NO! Get a Normand 82" Hybrid snow blower for that rig. I guessing you got an L6060 or similar. You will need 2 rear hydraulic connections as well.

Here is the one you want for that size tractor:

N82-260HYB

That will be a perfect size for that rig. If your spending money do it right. Yes you could blow snow with that Erskine but the Normand will do it better. There has to be a few Normand dealers in MN.

The only thing that breaks is shear bolts. They are solid units. I would call Normand or join the Facebook group that is primarily tractor snowblower companies here is the group name. Just ask to join and the you can get all the information you need. There area a bunch of guys from Minnesota on that group.

Facebook group:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/22913...ctivity&notif_id=1598488000792790&ref=m_notif

You are going to enjoy the increased productive of that setup. Once you get use to using it you won't need a plow very often.

Good luck.

Chris
Anchorage, AK

Top Forums