1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traction Control 2015 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

Like f'n Subraru Offers - WHAT THE HECK ?
    Wake Up GM !!!

18-2011-subaru-wrx-review.jpg

cat320 likes this.
  2. Grump1

Grump1 Member

I like to crawl around in the residentials I do, so usually have it in 4 low, which in the 2014 chevy, will disable the traction control and stability control.
    If you plow the same tight, back and forth type places in 4 wheel high, then in similar conditions , in 4 wheel low, you will find trans temp will stay much much lower running in 4 wheel low.
    If I were doing a larger parking lot or something, I would probably run in 4 wheel high.
    I also like shifting to the M, or manual selection to hold gears while moving up through the rpm range. Often wheel spin begins when the Trans shifts, and it can't be great for the clutches to be shifting while under the load associated with plowing.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Great, now we have Subarus in a GM thread.

Philbilly2 likes this.
  4. chevyhauler

chevyhauler Senior Member

Just did exactly that last night. Good size parking lot. 4 wheel high.
    Pushing very very wet snow (actually raining on it as I was plowing) with the 8611LP in scoop mode. Truck would push it fine, but once I got some speed up she wanted to shift....then not want to push. So I used the manual mode to hold the RPM's and not let her shift.

5. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Member

Newer GM's have 2 systems traction control and stabilitrak. If you push the button once it will turn off most of the TC, Even with TC off the stabilitrak system is still active. To fully turn off both systems press and hold the TC button for about 10 secs and the light will come on in the dash

6. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Member

Sorry didn't realize this was an older thread :wall:

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're forgiven...you're not the first and won't be the last.

DaBomb6988 likes this.
  8. Doc Holiday13

Doc Holiday13 Junior Member

So true but heated blind spot mirrors on my chevy would be very nice when plowing lol

I haven't turned TC or Stabilitrak off for plowing but will try it next time i plow.. I don't generally get much wheel spin because I'm heavily loaded with near 1 ton of weight in the bed

On my 2015, I have to push and hold the TC button for about 30 seconds(it seems) to turn both T/C and the stabilitrak off..

If I'm just turn TC off i push the button and release immediately

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I just spent 20 min looking for the other traction control thread that the op didn't bother posting in...:oops:

DaBomb6988 likes this.
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i turn mine off when im plowing one it beeped chevy dealership told me it was nothing

11. Arrowbrook 99

Arrowbrook 99 Member

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

well mine said service during the last storm i must have forgot to shut it off