Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With it being the end of the season, and a pretty lame season at that, there's plenty of deals to be found. A few days ago an International dealer got a trade in of a 2006 Chevy 8500 single axle dump truck and listed it on commercial truck trader. I don't think they knew what they had because I drove up there today and haggled them down to $23,200 out the door.

Thing has air brakes, 7.8 duramax, push button Allison trans, all stainless steel dump body, air tailgate, salter and a 10' plow. The kicker... 17k miles on it. Enjoy your deal hunting!

https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2006-CHEVROLET-KODIAK+C8500-5006693859

· Super Moderator
43,058 Posts
With it being the end of the season, and a pretty lame season at that, there's plenty of deals to be found. A few days ago an International dealer got a trade in of a 2006 Chevy 8500 single axle dump truck and listed it on commercial truck trader. I don't think they knew what they had because I drove up there today and haggled them down to $23,200 out the door.

Thing has air brakes, 7.8 duramax, push button Allison trans, all stainless steel dump body, air tailgate, salter and a 10' plow. The kicker... 17k miles on it. Enjoy your deal hunting!

https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2006-CHEVROLET-KODIAK+C8500-5006693859
So $1600 less than asking price at a dealer..... scoreo_O

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plow was raising at a normal speed but angling very slowly. I took off the cover for the hydraulics unit and saw you can adjust the flow for each individual line manually, the muni probably had the left/right flow restricted so the plow wasn’t tossing the truck around at highway speeds. I told them I want your truck but not your plow, asked them to take $2500 off and remove the plow. They countered with $1700 off and I keep the plow. I got lucky that worked I guess!

· Registered
58,836 Posts
Congrats!

I was in Harrisburg on the weekend, but not to scour used truck lots. Proabably would have ended up being cheaper if I had bought a truck like that.
So what were you buying?

· Registered
58,836 Posts

· Registered
15,656 Posts
Nope, momma's trip away isn't until April. Going a bit further south - VA.

This was for a father/son trip. Been doing it for 10 years with a buddy and his son. Gets us all fired up to start wrenching on our stuff, to get it ready for the pulling season. Need to raise some proceeds for more parts.

View attachment 192019
They need to open the roof and get rid of that coal sucker...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.