Too all you Tundra guys!!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Steel 05, Jul 24, 2011.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

One more question... What is the approx. height from the ground on the truck side mounting plates? I am thinking of going three inches up front so I can clear curbs when I am pushing snow. Thanks again for the information, not many guys using a full size plow on the Tundras to gather info from.

2. rizzoa13

rizzoa13 Member

I did timbrens in front and firestone airbags in the rear. The truck still drives like factory loaded or unloaded.

I put a 1.5 yard western striker in the back and load it pretty aggressively and she is still fine. Don’t forget the air though or your ass will be on the ground quick

3. Dan_toyota_plow

Dan_toyota_plow Junior Member

When I'm near the truck I'll measure but I remember with the receivers
    To the bottom of the reciever brackets I have 12.5 inches. With the plow up, drops an 1 inch

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I had Bilstien 5100's on my Tundra with an 8' Fisher and I wish I had gone with the 6112's. Go with the 6112's and you will be happy.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Mercer me did you also run timbrens or similar up front? Was your 8' Fischer a mid-weight or heavy duty?

6. OP
    OP
    Steel 05

Steel 05 Junior Member

I started this thread 8 years ago and I can’t believe people are still posting on it. The guys that are running wide outs and v-plows on your tundras that’s awesome! I’ve gone through two tundras with the same blizzard lt8000. Nothing wrong with the trucks just wanted something newer. I’ll probably purchase a new tundra and plow next year. People ask me all the time how they plow and I tell them there’s nothing like it.

7. mercer_me

My 8’ Fisher was a heavy duty. I had Timbrens but it never rode on them. It was always about an inch above them.

3278C989-51BD-4B5D-B999-5B906F50E017.jpeg

8. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

WESTERN WIDEOUT on mine!! Leveling kit only! Might drop an inch,maybe!

9. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

I had the wideout for about 5 years,always wanted to put it on a Tundra. I talked to many different sales staff where I buy my plows (because I'm a dealer) they all said the tundra would break with a plow that large. Not happy with their answer, I decided to call Western direct,they said tundra will be fine, but not legal. Fair enough, I only plow off road. It's now on an 08 tundra,this will be the second year. And the best news is the 2020 is still the same truck! I'll buy one in 12 years from now,by then I'll be sick of the color of mine! Lol

10. mercer_me

After hearing about the guys with Wideouts on Tundras I kind of wish I had bought another one after my 2012 was totaled. I went to a 3/4 ton because I wanted to get an 8.5’ XV2. Probably would have been fine on a Tundra.