1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Too all you Tundra guys!!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Steel 05, Jul 24, 2011.

1. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Sic truck bro!!! I love it!! What rim and tire combo do you got on in the pics?

2. AdamBarker

AdamBarker Junior Member

Running a 6" Rough country lift with fox shocks, 20x9 0mm ballistic jester rims with 35x12.50x20 Toyo MTs. I run the stock 18" rims with spidertrax spacers and 33" mastercraft courser snow tires when in winter mode.

3. peter01592

peter01592 Junior Member

Any problems being lifted? Plow sit weird? I have a 2014 with 6" pro comp lift and 35's

4. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

When did the Tundra become a 1/2 ton?? Is it a 150 or 1500 hmmm?? It doesn't say because it more of a 3/4 ton than 1/2.
    I would LOVE to put my wide out on a Tundra. Right now it's on a 2005 f250 5.4 diesel. Ya 5.4 diesel rattling cam phasers, valve train, gas sucking, no power but it's North American,ya what ever!
    Please show more Tundras with WIDE OUTS!http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

5. AdamBarker

AdamBarker Junior Member

Had to make a custom drop down brackets on the truck side. I run 33" snow tires on my stock rims for plowing also.

6. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

lol I love it when a Dodge guy says that not realizing his Italian truck is made in Mexico. Though I'm Canadian and consider every vehicle (Except Bricklin) to be an import, I joke and tell them "Well my truck was made in TX by Texans" lol

7. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

lol Isis I hear are badass MOFOs. Maybe they needed a badass mofo truck?

8. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Sweet rig there. That 6" lift is friggin BadAss and that plow too! Dang!

9. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite Fanatic

Have you ever been pulled over with that much weight on the truck? Before I went on my own, I was pulled over twice with the company 2500 chevy. They made me wait for them to get the scales, and I was overloaded both times. I'd think they'd watch half tons even closer. Although I've never been pulled over in my dodge 1500, so who knows, maybe I was just unlucky.

I love the look of the newer Tundra. Wish they would make a 3/4 ton, it would be my next truck. Had an 01 (older style) for about 8 months before I was rear ended. Didn't take the abuse that my dodge does, but the newer Tundras look like they're built a little more heavy duty than the last models.

I should note that I have never plowed with either the dodge or the old tundra, so I have nothing to compare as far as snow. Just me loading it with junk.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  10. Dan_toyota_plow

Dan_toyota_plow Junior Member

Here's my 2016 tundra. I have F250s and 2500hds that always let me down in storms. My tundra was the back up.but now for 3 seasons I've been running the wideout and a 1.5 ton Salter lol. I'm sure everyones gonna say I'm insane and I agree, its ratings are bs for payload but it's never let me down.. no front end or back end repairs or frame cracked. I keep the truck oil sprayed and it's far better than my other trucks. 20190119_050255.jpg 20190119_050240.jpg

mercer_me likes this.
  11. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

12. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

Love it! Wide out on my 400000 km 08 tundra. Only plowed with it last winter but best plow truck EVER. I've been plowing for 30 years.

13. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

14. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks for the photos. I will be installing an 8'6" MVP3 on my 13 Crew Max soon. I am now looking at front suspension mods. What mods. did you do to the front suspension to carry the Wideout? Thanks for sharing the information!

15. lcgoatboy

lcgoatboy Junior Member
    from Fernie

Leveling kit only.

16. rizzoa13

rizzoa13 Member

You might want Timbrens for that also. My ‘12 rock warrior has a boss 7’6” HTX on it with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and timbrens up front. It could easily handle more plow but the timbrens are nice little insurance and they are cheap.

17. Dan_toyota_plow

Hey bud I did a 2.5 inch leveling kit.buf if you wanna go little higher it's always better. And I did timberns with spacers

18. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Timbrens placed on the front or rear bumpstop factory location? I see mine has bumpstops on both locations. I

19. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Leveling kit meaning 2.5" spacers on top of strut/spring mounting plates? Timbrens in rear as well for salter? How is ride when not using with plow or salter compared to factory?

20. Dan_toyota_plow

Yessir. And I added 3 more leafs aside in the back. Rides fine still empty. Very smooth.