1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Too all you Tundra guys!!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Steel 05, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I have and older Areins ST350, I also have a brand new Lawn Boy 20" mower which I'm sure is junk also. Both start first pull, thanks for the insult. I would like to see pictures of the Wideout on the Tundra.

2. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

You have a lawn boy? Awesome. Those are so cheap that was they break you can easily replace them with the change in your pocket. Probably a better business move if your employees are not trustworthy.

Was not an insult, if you took it as one my apology.

If you read my other posts on other threads. I am looking for a newer truck to install my Wide Out on. It can fit on the Tundra, heck I could install it on a quad. Does not mean either can push it....

3. Gb-Luke

Gb-Luke Junior Member

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer Banned
    from N,E. MN

"The midsize Dodge Dakota, at 84 percent, has just a bit more North American content than the full-size Toyota Tundra, at 80 percent. The Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon come in third, with 75 percent. For those who are curious, the 2011 report shows the Ram truck at 70 percent, the Chevrolet Silverado at 61 percent, and the Ford F-Series at 60 percent."
    A new report puts the f150 above them all....

Chinese content?,.... try Canada and Mexico.
    North American content....
    Electronics from Japan, Germany.

Please site your Chinese content?

Are they good trucks yes, but this Chinese content thing is going a bit overboard in the propaganda Dept.

it only dropped until it hit the stops.;)

5. Gb-Luke

Gb-Luke Junior Member

Aahh, touché !! All I'll say is I've owned dodge,ford,gm and toyota trucks, and by far the toyotas have outperformed the rest. As for the stops, I've got tons of room before it hits the stops. I've also run this type of plow for 3 seasons with great results. Our chevy and ford 1 tons have been electrical and mechanical nightmares.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Wide Out looks good on the Tundra. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you make out with it. That's a lot of plow for a 1/2 ton truck.

I also prefer to support American workers and the Tundra is built in Texas.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer Banned
    from N,E. MN

I've owned 3 toyota's so I do know a bit about them.
    I've had to replace manual transmission,bad output bearing ,warped heads
    On 4 & 6cly engines and notoriously bad power steering pumps.
    Rebuild front diff, and they seem to rust out faster than other trucks & replacing the timing belt on the
    6cyl is a pain....

Every make of truck can have issues,

As for paying Americans, to make profits for a forgien co....
    Some say work is work. But the profits , our money leaves the country .
    They built them here to beat the teriffs.

But as long as they work for you...

Ps only 3/4 of a inch ,,,,hahahaha
    Get your tape out befor and after ( plow on the ground measurement, then lift the plow and remeasure.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  8. Gb-Luke

Gb-Luke Junior Member

Actually I said less than 3/4 of an inch, and I'll post that picture with the tape measure shortly. I myself don't make claims that aren't true. As for your manual transmissions and bad front ends, perhaps you should buy a toyota truck that isn't 10 or more years old:mechanic:

Another thing you should consider is converting your truck to run on natural gas considering you are so worried about sending your money overseas. You send your fuel dollars overseas everyday, unless you are running natural gas....LIKE ME!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  9. Gb-Luke

Gb-Luke Junior Member

10. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

isn't the wideout like over 1,000 pounds with the truckside mount included? anything that heavy on any half ton is asking for trouble. does western recommend that plow on a tundra?

how many seasons of plowing do you have with that setup?

11. Gb-Luke

Gb-Luke Junior Member

No western doesn't recommend it...but I'm ok with that. I have upgraded brakes and load range E tires so I can stop and shouldn't have a blow out. This is my personal truck and I own 3 one tons that have western plows, so it's not really getting heavy commercial use but it will when it's time to cash out one of my other plows. I'll say this though the truck handles as good as the one tons (with 500 lbs of ballast in the back.)

12. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Did you upgrade the front suspension?

13. AdamBarker

AdamBarker Junior Member

3 years with an 8'2 Boss V Plow and no issues

I have been using my 2010 Tundra with a 6" lift to plow approx. 40 accounts for the last 3 years with no issues. I do switch back to stock rims with snow tires and run about 1,000 lbs of ballast but have had no problems or snow amounts this truck cant handle.

Tundra.jpg

Tundra2.jpg

14. mercer_me

The truck and plow both look great. Is that a 7.5' or 8'2"?

15. AdamBarker

AdamBarker Junior Member

Thank you....8'2

16. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Toyota is the best , its the only pick up that Isis will buy . If you rather give your money to Isis go ahead , Ill drive my Ford thats American and the profits stay in the U.S.

lotplowing likes this.
  17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet! Thumbs Up

18. mercer_me

How are the profits going to ISIS? They are stealing the trucks. The Tundras are built in Texas with more America made parts than Ford, GM, and Ram.

19. jdio121

jdio121 Junior Member
    from ohio

Toyota Tundra Boss Snowplow

i had a custom skid plate made for my 2015 tundra for use with a boss snowplow! easy to remove for oil changes and great protection from first choice fab in ohio 440-708-4204 he will ship and will make for most makes

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

20. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Why do we always get those few people that come to these threads and sh*t all over our trucks? We are all having a good time talking about our trucks and plows and trying to help each other out, and these a**holes have to come in and say sh*t like we're funding terrorist? If you don't like our trucks, stay out of our threads, or simply just keep it to yourself. We are here to help each other out, not argue over petty crap like this.