1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$ to blow a 1000' driveway, 300" of snow/year

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by larboc, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng Senior Member

Only if it is mechanical. On my Kubota lawn tractor, it runs whoever the ignition is on.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

interesting, they told me the hr meter they installed on my dixie (electronic) had to be at certain rpm, salesman :(
    the tractors are mechanical

3. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng Senior Member

To calibrate for hours, you would need an RPM input into the hour meter. If the meter were built into the tach, maybe they would have an engine speed correction. Not sure why one would bother.

I have seen electric meters hooked up to oil pressure switches so they don't move unless the engine is running.

4. larboc

larboc Member

Digital hour meter on a 1999 Deere 4300. It's built into the tach. On older tractors we've had with mechanical hour meters it was RPM dependent but I doubt it is on this. I'll have to check it against my watch.
    Regardless I was at PTO speed the whole time.

ktfbgb likes this.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Already gave you a mid-priced range suggestion. :terribletowel:

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

yes, you did, and I said thanks :terribletowel:,
    im just not rushing oot to get one.
    its called shopping around and the OP helped.
    when I do get one, you are the first jaggoff ill tell. deal?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Will not.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ok fellas...... Enough of the jagoof "bar" discussion, lets get back on topic.....:waving:

9. Dirtebiker

Dirtebiker Member

As I was reading your list, I kept waiting to see Alta. I love it there! 500" AVERAGE per year! Great skiing!!

SnoFarmer likes this.