Titan XD with XLS?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by plowguy43, Jan 8, 2019.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just tossing the idea around in my head. I'm strongly considering an XD (Have been since they came out) and they finally have support from bbn plow manufacturers. So I believe the fgrvw is 4900lbs which is low for an xls but guys have been tossing xls/V plows on the older 99-10 2500HDs GM trucks forever and they are also rated at 4800/4900lbs. So here I an thinking of giving this a go. Anyone have any opinions or actually have the truck and currently plowing with it? Hows it handle the weight?

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Let us know how it works...cuz I wouldn't.

512high and cwren2472 like this.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

4. OP
    OP
    plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Well I know it's not ideal, but comparing the two you'd think its plausible. Everyone runs too heavy of a plow on the older HDs, some until the frame breaks lol.

5. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Keep in mind, the front GVWR does not tell you how much weight you can ADD, just the total you can have on there. If the Nissan is heavier in the front end from stock, then it's not the same situation

For giggles, I ran a best case scenario with a 2010 2500hd, gas, regular cab, 4800lb. Fisher recommends every possible option up to the 10 HC. For the same best case on the XD, it's only a 9hd or 7.5 xv2. That's a huge difference

NYH1 likes this.
  6. Devxd

Devxd Junior Member

I’m running a snowdogg stainless VXF 95 on my 16 platinum reserve titan xd with the Cummins and she handles it just fine I handle bigger commercial lots, been going all season with no issues the truck pushes like a tank