Snow Plowing Forum banner

Thoughts in the hiniker c reversable plow

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  kennyplay 
#1 ·
I am interested in getting the hiniker, but can't find much information on them. Nothing bad or good. My one dealer will sell me one, but they don't like them.... Well he don't like kubota either so thats not saying much haha. Do we have some long time users that can give me the good and bad? This will be going a 92 chevy 3500 with 1.5 yard salt spreader. So there will be some weight behind it. My current meyer gets tore up but I think it is a residential plow.

#2 ·
A buddy runs one for resi's and it scrapes better that back blading but not as clean as a back blade/pull plow. Does have some spill off problems with larger accumulations that the option box ends would help with. A little more maintenance but nothing to bad. Only real disadvantage is not being able to buy wings to carry more snow if used for commercial lots, the only option is custom built. If you were to get on go with a 9ft.

#3 ·
BUFF;2138167 said:
A buddy runs one for resi's and it scrapes better that back blading but not as clean as a back blade/pull plow. Does have some spill off problems with larger accumulations that the option box ends would help with. A little more maintenance but nothing to bad. Only real disadvantage is not being able to buy wings to carry more snow if used for commercial lots, the only option is custom built. If you were to get on go with a 9ft.
No 9' for most resis in southern mi, drives are just too small around here. Though he doesn't specify, there are a few rural areas that might work.

#5 ·
My dealer suggested me running a back blade, but it would not work with my spreader. It would be nice to pull up to a garage, reverse and pretty much be done. I do smaller lots where 5 swipes and you just push it to the side. Otherwise i would buy a wideout. My bred and butter are drives though. If i can get $30 for 5 min of work instead of 15-20 dealing with a straight blade in heavy so, that would be a real money maker.

#7 ·
A few guys here have a spreader and a back blade.

#9 ·
MI Green;2138192 said:
V box in a normal bed? My spinner on my tornado is as low as the bottom of the bumper
Yes, I believe so. Instead of a single cylinder in the middle they use a double cylinder flanking the spinner. I suggest asking in the Canadian weather thread, they seem to most users of this setup

#10 ·
1olddogtwo;2138194 said:
Yes, I believe so. Instead of a single cylinder in the middle they use a double cylinder flanking the spinner. I suggest asking in the Canadian weather thread, they seem to most users of this setup
Ya i still need a bigger plow regardless.... a western wideout and a rear blade would be pretty darn priecy......

#11 ·
Speed and efficiency only saves you money

More done in less time allows you to do more, that makes you more.... WO, spreader, backblade••••••priceless

#13 ·
Freshwater;2138175 said:
No 9' for most resis in southern mi, drives are just too small around here. Though he doesn't specify, there are a few rural areas that might work.
I highly doubt drives are exactly 8' wide. More like 9' at minimum and more likely 10'.

MI Green;2138200 said:
Ya im not convinced a back blade is faster than a c plow for drives because you have to turn around each time to cleanup.
Then you don't understand the concept of a back plow.

#15 ·
Most of the time, yes.

#17 ·
They can..........I wouldn't recommend it. And be ready for a repair bill eventually. Or a new plow.

#19 ·
We have run a C-plow for 15yrs. Same plow. Its great for driveways. My other driveway truck has a fisher v. we installed a back blade on it. It does better with the back blade but it also had to be replaced within a few years. The top cutting edge on the C-plow just now needs to be replaced for the first time. The box ends are nice for spillage. Its mounted on an '00 Chevy "2500". Its low to the ground but works. Overall, its a good plow.

#21 ·
Hwy there. I'm a brand new NEWBIE to plowsite. I'm getting a HINIKER c-plow. And I'm also new to plowing. First plow. It is my first plow. I posted a question but someone said there is a link. The plow only had around 5 driveways so its like brand new. I was trying get feedback on Hiniker c plow. I'm in SE PA area.
Hey there.

#20 ·
They seem like a nice "in-between" plow if you don't want to get a pull plow for your truck, and better than a straight blade back-dragging, but I still wouldn't have another straight blade unless it had wings or box ends on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.