Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ins. company demanded a copy of my contract or they would not renew .... I said NP but will they recomend changes if they felt it necessary, she said no the cant do that..... What are your thoughts on this request in general?

·
Registered
52,640 Posts
Seems reasonable.

·
Registered
14,181 Posts
My Ins. company demanded a copy of my contract or they would not renew .... I said NP but will they recomend changes if they felt it necessary, she said no the cant do that..... What are your thoughts on this request in general?
I would think if they say they can't insure you due to some wording, they'd at least be able to tell you because of which part/s...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Most likely she saved you a lot of grief. Like AJ said if you have any sort of relationship with your insurance gal she will tell you what and where the bad/unfair verbiage is, and what to strike and change. Figure out what it is so you can learn the correct verbiage in the future, and/or create your own contract. Got to learn how to negotiate. A lot of snow guys are hard workers, but not savvy enough to know what contract language will hurt them and what will help them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems reasonable.
I just thought if they are going to forward it to their lawyers for review of the "english" if they thought it was weak or needed tweaking here or there, it would be in their interest to point it out to me... possibly sugesting I reach out to my own Lawyer , JMO tho ..... Especially when I consider that I am paying now nearly 10 times what I paid for my CGL just 5 years ago.....

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
740 Posts
The insurance company is in the risk management business not contract law. Trying to figure out what they are doing is a waste of your time. Don't assume that they are your partner in risk. The only thing that is a sure thing is that two weeks after the insurance auditors leave your books, the premium goes up, never goes down. Having a good agent is far more important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts