This is B.S., right?

columbiaplower

A fellow plower in my area tried to tell me that u shouldnt move your plow when pushing at all. i do this at the end of a long run when im about to dump the load, u change the blade from angled to stright. he saw me do this and said it was a bad idea to change plow pos. with a load. this has to be crap.

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
Sounds like we finally found out where the "God of all Plowers" is working......

And... like the posts of old... this sounds like some of his B.S.

Whattayathink... whattayasay ??

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
Wait a danged minute.....

If I actually explained (in specific terms) what B.S. stood for - Chuck would ban me from here (or at least edit me and send me a nasty email) - and rightly so.

How would YOU explain it to a person that speaks little english ? I don't know how to put it in French.

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
No he doesn't. He's a serious poster here.

He just doesn't speak English and is using a French translation software in order to be able to communicate with us. Unfortunately, our language is such that some things don't translate well. This is one reason none of us bust his gonads about how his post's read.

He's for real, and (apparently) quite intelligent about our industry.

Mike Nelson

Good morning John Allin and to all.
The only reason I could think of,why not to opperate the plow while having a blade full is less stress on the hydraulics.Only time I had to worry about that is when I had my 1959 Willey's Jeep W/ a Meyers electric plow.The poor generator on the Jeep couldn't keep up.Come a long way since 1984.I think!

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
John,
Maybe slplow was refering to Columbia's fellow plower?

I move the plow all the time while pushing and haven't noticed any problem with it.

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
4S,
I went to altavista and typed in "manure" and that is the translation they gave me. You got the point though!

~Chuck

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
What a bunch of male cow cah cah this thread is. :)

I have never had any problems in doing this same thing for the past 25 years.